Warrior Guardian

Warrior Guardian

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

When there is Anger, Choose Peace

You know, I am grateful to read the posts that people make when they are angry.

Largely, such posts are passive-aggressive ("Thank you to whoever did this to me"), sometimes openly aggressive ("This happened, and so the person who did it is bad and a liar and did me wrong!"), and sometimes even hostile and threatening.
In all cases, they blame someone for making them angry. They are the victim who has been wronged, and rarely do they have any interest in finding solutions to solve the situation. They want the world to know what happened, and to either feel sorry for them, or be angry along with them (misery loves company).
In my experience, when people post while angry, it is a knee-jerk reaction. They post angry words and accusations based on the limited amount of information they have, and express that information, and their perception of it, as absolute truth.

When I read posts like those, I choose to be reminded that I have absolute control over the most important part of any situation - ME!

If someone does something, and I feel angry, I remember that I am always at choice.

I choose how I react. I choose to take responsibility for my part in the situation. I choose to remember that the other person involved is as human and imperfect as me. I choose to take responsibility for finding the TRUE reason for my anger. I choose to change that anger into an emotion that serves me in finding answers and solutions.
I choose to be a positive force for change, in every situation.

I invite you all to do the same, the next time you feel angry. Remember that NO ONE has the power to make you feel anything.

Emotions don't just happen to you. You choose every single one.

And because you do, you can choose to be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment