Warrior Guardian

Warrior Guardian

Saturday, October 8, 2016

In love with Christ

I had a breakthrough this week about my Savior and my relationship with Him.
Jesus is my brother, and he is never to busy for me. When I call him, there is no waiting. He isn't sleeping, or off somewhere in the cosmos, telling me to hold on while he finishes. He is there. Always, he is there, ready to hold me, when I am ready to stop holding on and be held.
I was ready a few days ago. I was writing my confession and could feel my addict rising, responding to the memory of things I had done, and I was struggling to keep from giving in. There was a moment when I was curled up on the floor, waiting for the temptation to pass, asking my Lord to help me and bring me peace, when I heard His answer, clearly and calmly - "Ye that labor and are heavy laden, come unto me, and I will give you rest". In that moment I looked up and saw him kneeling there, smiling and beckoning me to him. I rolled over and rested my head on his knees and laid there, as he stroked my head and calmed my heart. The experience lasted a few moments, and I received the peace I had wanted. I thanked Him and went about the rest of that day.
I know that my Savior lives, and is always here to hold me and answer my needs, whenever I am ready to let go of my own burden and allow Him to hold me. I have seen his smile and I have felt his embrace, and have allowed him to bring His peace into my heart. I am grateful for this knowledge, and I feel even more now, that I am his brother, and his son, and that I am ever closer to truly knowing what it is to choose to fall in love with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment